Guidelines for Being on Campus
The following safety protocols are also referred as “KIU Safety SOPs or KIU Safety Regime”, which shall be applicable to all students, staff and visitors with a complete adherence to comply with these guidelines:
- All KIU students, faculty, staff and visitors to be screened at main entrance gate through digital thermometers. In case of higher temperature (i.e. 100 F), it shall be mandatory for the person to seek advisory note from KIU health office before any campus engagements.
- All KIU faculty, staff and staff is advised to wash their hands at nearest washrooms located to his / her office before starting routine office work. And the visitors shall wash their hands at washing point located at entrance gate or at their respective departmental Restrooms.
- Every person is required to enter campus with MASKS properly covering the face, and ensure wearing masks during office hours. No employee shall be allowed without wearing mask at the Campus. The University will have the authority to remove any student/employee from Campus premises, failing to comply with the SOPs
- Biometric attendance protocol is suspended till further orders, and all the departmental/ section heads to ensure attendance of their staff through manual procedures.
- For Safety of every person,” NO HANDSHAKE POLICY/NO HUGS” is being implemented.
- Every person on campus must follow the policy of “Physically distancing” at the work environment, and follow protocol of remain at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- It is desirable to keep the office doors open to avoid any frequent hand contact with door handles.
- All forms of large congregations and gatherings on-campus are suspended
- Avoid face-to-face in person meetings, only urgent unavoidable meeting is allowed to meet and maintain at least 6 feet distance space with provision of proper air ventilation at meeting space.
- All faculty and staff to plan stagger breaks and meal times to ensure physical distancing during breaks. This shall be managed by concerned Head of Department/Section.
- Faculty/Staff with any symptom of illness or susceptibility to disease will be allowed to work from home. Such cases are required to submit proof of illness/ treatment to his/her concerned Section head or reporting authority.
All Departmental/ Section heads must orient their staff/Students with these guidelines for its proper implementation and effective care of staff.